Eversource will be installing new equipment to upgrade an existing transmission line in Litchfield, N.H. This improvement will allow for remote, automated control of the system and avoid manual operations for maintenance or power outages. The upgrades will improve response time when addressing system issues and improve system reliability.
The town was recently notified that a Hawk found in Litchfield tested positive for West Nile virus. Because hawks can fly long distances seeking food, there is no way to determine if the hawk was infected by a mosquito in Litchfield. To date, all mosquitoes collected in Litchfield have come back negative. The town has applied barrier spray at town and school facilities. Future applications may be applied depending on test results and weather conditions. Residents should exercise caution when outdoors, especially at dusk and dawn. Repellant and long sleeve shirts and pants should be worn.
For more information call the Town Office at 603.424.4046.
Litchfield Board of Selectmen Meeting Agenda – September 9, 2019
Meeting Notice – Joint Meeting of the Litchfield Board of Selectmen and Budget Committee
Litchfield ZBA Meeting Minutes – August 14, 2019
Litchfield Fire Department Monthly Fire Log – August 2019
Litchfield Board of Selectmen Meeting Agenda for August 26, 2019
TOWN OF LITCHFIELD BOARD OF SELECTMEN
August 26, 2019 – Litchfield Town Hall, Meeting Room
5:30pm Paperwork Review
6:30pm Call to Order / Pledge of Allegiance
Review and Approval of Consent Items
- August 12, 2019 Meeting Minutes
- A/P Manifest – 08/20/19 – $61,929.70 & 08/27/19 – $62,421.55
- P/R Manifest – 08/22/19 – $40,382.41 & 08/29/19 – $0
- Town Clerk & Tax Collector Reconciliations – July
- Land Use Change Tax (1)
- Petition and Pole License
- MS-1 Valuation
- License to Sell Pistols & Revolvers
Requests for Additional Items / Other Business Public Input (will occur no earlier than 6:45 pm)
- Kim Queenan – NH State Historic Register Application
- 1851 Old Town Hall, 1924 Aaron Cutler Memorial Library, 1930 Litchfield Grammar School, 1958 Old Fire Station & 1844 Lichfield Presbyterian Church
- Snow Removal Contracts
- Roads, Sidewalks & Parking Lots
- Cash Receipts Policy – Amendment
- Buildings and Facilities Tours
Reports & Other Business
- Administrator Report
- Selectmen Reports
- Items Removed from Consent
- Other Business
- Next Regular Meeting September 9, 2019
1. RSA-91-A:3 II(a) – Promotion or compensation of any employee
Litchfield Budget Committee Meeting Summery for the meeting on August 22, 2019.
Budget Committee met last night for a regularly scheduled meeting. Agenda items and discussions point included:
- Acceptance of 6/27/19 and & 8/5/19 (Budget Hearing) minutes
- A review and discussion on correspondence received and a reminder to the BC on transparency and to limit email communication and avoid ‘reply all’.
- 9/5: Library, Cable Building, Old Fire Station, Talent Hall
- 9/12: Town Hall, Police Station, Fire Station
- 9/30: Recycling Center & Kennel
- Teaching staff returns next week.
- New buses equipped w/ cameras with also be going through there routes (I believe today).
- Special election remains with Judge for decision.
- Food Services program ran budget deficit, however, program is being turned around with focus on improving quality of meals at GMS this year.
- K enrollment is currently at 72 for this year. In line with what was forecasted for enrollment.
The BC’s next regularly scheduled meeting will be on Thursday 9/26 and will plan to meet weekly for the remainder of the year to review and vote on the town and school budgets.
Note: Any public comments or questions can be addressed to the Budget Committee during the next public meeting. Budget Committee responses to questions are not permitted via social media.
As shared by Andrew Cutter via Facebook on 8/23/2019.