The Litchfield Budget Committee held a meeting at Town Hall on May 27, 2021 at 7pm. The members in attendance were Andrew Cutter (Chair), John David Son (Vice Chair), Keri Douglas, William Hayes, Kate Stevens, Christina Harrison (School Board Representative), and Robert Leary (Selectmen Representative).
There was no public input submitted to the committee.
Michelle Flynn submitted her resignation as recording secretary for the committee. Matthew Sullivan was confirmed by the Board of Selectmen as the committee’s minute recorder going forward.
Scott Taylor was sworn in to a one-year term on the Budget Committee.
Regular town and school budget updates were submitted by the town bookkeeper and school business administrator.
A request by Mr. Tyler Stefano to extend the bike path to Weatherstone Drive was received and forwarded to the Town Administrator
- Town Business Report provided by Mr. Leary
- Baron’s Appliances is proposing a warehouse facility in the northern commercial district to be accessed off of St. Francis Way. In order to build, a variance must be approved by the Zoning Board of Adjustment at the July 19, 2021 meeting.
- PFOA and Pennichuck water issues are still ongoing
- Memorial Day Parade is planned
- Page Road and Town Hall paving are complete
- School Business Report provided by Mrs. Harrison
- LMS canopy is complete except for landscaping
- LMS energy efficiency project is moving on to window replacements to be completed this summer
- Portables still on track to be removed by July 1st
- LMS roof project slated to begin in the fall due to material backorder
- $56.5k CARES funds have been spent
- SR2 funds are being applied for to close academic gaps and for roof funding
- SR3 funds are to be applied for once applications are open
- Support staffing issues are being addressed by introducing a referral and hiring bonus program
- All building projects are planned to include maintenance contracts
- Business Administrator report to be available for the next meeting to answer committee questions
- Capital Improvement Committee Update provided by Mr. Cutter
- Next CIP meeting is July 19, 2021
- Facilities Improvement update provided by Mr. Son
- No new updates aside from those provided by Mrs. Harrison
Public Input Member Input / New Business –
The Budget Committee Bylaws were updated to include language on how the Communication Archivist shall respond to social media comments and questions and to clarify the appointment of new members to vacant positions on the committee.
Next Budget Committee meeting is Thursday, June 24, 2021 at 7pm.
Residents are encouraged to attend Budget Committee meetings in the Town Hall meeting room. Public input is also invited via email to Chair Andrew Cutter at email@example.com. Emails must include the commenter’s first and last name and address.
Past meetings can be viewed on the LitchfieldTV Youtube channel.