Litchfield Board of Selectmen | Meeting Agenda | April 19, 2021
Litchfield Budget Committee | Meeting Agenda | April 22, 2021
Face Mask Mandate to Remain in Effect
Released by Litchfield Board of Selectmen – April 16, 2021
Although Governor Sununu’s statewide face mask mandate expires today, the town’s face mask mandate remains in effect. Private businesses, organizations and cities and towns retain authority to require customers and residents to wear face masks. The safety and protection of town employees and residents remains a top priority for the Board of Selectmen at a time when community transmission of the COVID-19 virus is still very active. The Board of Selectmen will conduct an emergency meeting on Monday, April 19, 2021 at 7:00 pm to discuss keeping the town’s face mask mandate in place until at least May 3, 2021 to allow time to fully vaccinate most town employees. The Selectmen want to reopen town facilities but, at the same time, keep its employees and their family members protected and safe. Please remember the best way to protect yourself and your community is to wear a face mask, practice social distancing and avoid large gatherings.
Litchfield Zoning Board of Adjustment | Meeting Agenda | April 14, 2021
Litchfield Board of Selectmen | Meeting Agenda | April 12, 2021
Litchfield Budget Committee | Meeting Summary | March 25, 2021
The Litchfield Budget Committee held a meeting at Town Hall on March 25, 2021 at 7pm. The current members are Andrew Cutter, Keri Douglas, WIlliam Hayes, John David Son, Derek Barka, Kate Stevens, Christina Harrison (School Board Representative), and Robert Leary (Selectmen Representative).
Returning member Derek Barka and new member Kate Stevens were welcomed to the board by Mr. Cutter.
Mrs. Nicole Fordey formally resigned from the board due to relocating out of New Hampshire. She thanked the board for the opportunity to serve and embracing her service. Committee members thanked Mrs. Fordey and wished her luck in her future endeavors.
- Committee Elections
- Chair – Andrew Cutter
- Vice Chair – John David Son
- Volunteers positions were assigned as follows:
- Representative to School Board Facilities Improvement Committee – John David Son
- Representative to Select Board Capital Planning Committee – Andrew Cutter
- Social Media Archivist – Kate Stevens
The Budget Committee Meeting Minutes of January 7, 2021, and January 14, 2021 were each approved.
- Town Business Report provided by Mr. Leary
- Town is ramping up for the yearly cycle
- New roof for transfer station
- School Business Report provided by Mrs. Harrison
- Elizabeth MacDonald was re-elected to the School Board
- Heidi Ames was elected as a new member
- Mrs. Harrison was elected as Chair of the School Board
- Brian Bourque was elected as Vice Chair of the School Board
- A district-wide five year construction plan was approved by the School Board. Work includes ventilation repairs/updates and plans to work toward a new elementary school.
- A Construction Manager contract for the LMS Renovation Project was approved by the School Board. Work focuses on energy efficiency in the form of a new roof, new windows, and ventilation updates. Funds are available for the project.
Member Input / New Business –
Town Meeting 2021 results were discussed. It was noted that only one of two Technical Integrators for the School district were approved. The first one only passed by 13 votes. Funds for the study, planning, and cost of new construction or renovation of existing facilities were strongly approved.
Improvements to the budget review process were discussed for the upcoming year, though no decisions on any changes were made.
Mr. Cutter commented that he extended an invitation to Mr. Taylor to fill the current vacancy and rejoin the Budget Committee. Mr. Son commented that he is pleased Mr. Taylor is interested and he brought good thought and discussion to meetings. Mr. Hayes and Mr. Leary agreed.
Budget Committee member training through NHMA was discussed and more information is forthcoming.
- Public Input –
- Chief Ben Sargent of the LPD expressed thanks to Committee members for support of town department heads during the budget process.
- Scott Taylor expressed interest in filling the Budget Committee vacancy.
Meeting adjourned at 7:42pm.
Next Budget Committee meeting is Thursday, April 22, 2021 at 7pm.
Residents are encouraged to attend Budget Committee meetings by webex or phone. Remote attendance information can be found on meeting agendas posted to the Town’s webpage. Public input is also invited via email to Andrew Cutter at email@example.com. Emails must include the commenter’s first and last name and address.
As a reminder, Budget Committee responses to posts on social media are not permitted. Past meetings can be viewed on the LitchfieldTV Youtube channel.
Litchfield Zoning Board of Adjustments | Meeting Minutes | March 10, 2021
Litchfield Board of Selectmen | Meeting Agenda | March 22, 2021
Litchfield Board of Selectmen | Meeting Agenda | March 8, 2021