The Board of Selectmen seeks four (4) Litchfield residents or business owners for the newly formed Energy Committee.
Members to be appointed by the Board of Selectmen:
* 2 Board of Selectmen Representatives
* 1 School Board Representative
* Town Administrator and/or Finance Director
* 4 Residents of Litchfield or Town of Litchfield Business Owners with interest in Community Power Energy opportunities, Finance, Budgeting, or Energy Conservation
Acts as an advisor to the Board of Selectmen
- To assess current energy use by Town municipal activities based on currently available information to be provided by Town staff; Save Litchfield taxpayers money thru wise and timely investment in efficient energy technologies and practices;
- To evaluate energy conservation and air emission reduction practices recommended by utilities and Federal agencies and in use by other municipalities, which may be potentially applicable to the Town of Litchfield operations;
- To evaluate and recommend Community Power Energy opportunities which might be further considered in detail by the Town of Litchfield;
- To evaluate and recommend energy conservation, supply alternatives, and air emission reduction alternatives, which might be considered by individual residents, and recommend actions the Town might take to disseminate information on such alternatives to residents.
- May offer recommendations to other Town Boards and Commissions on energy efficiency.
Meetings will be held bi-weekly, evening hours on a night determined by a majority of the committee.