TOWN OF LITCHFIELD
TOWN CLERK/TAX COLLECTOR OFFICE
PART-TIME CLERK JOB POSTING
The Litchfield Town Clerk/Tax Collector’s office is accepting resumes for the position of Part-Time Clerk. This position is non-benefitted, part-time 20+ hours per week with a start date no earlier than July 1 2022. The position of the Part-Time Clerk requires prospective candidates to possess excellent customer service skills, organizational skills, be detail oriented, and punctual. Candidates must be flexible with their schedule to help accommodate coverage for times of short staffing. Basic understanding of applicable New Hampshire State laws, rules and regulations pertaining to the Town of Litchfield. The accepted candidate must attend State training and become fully certified in DMV Registration and Vital Records within 30-60 days of hire date.
Duties of Part-Time Clerk:
- Register and title motor vehicles, boats, and off-road vehicles
- Accept and apply payments for property taxes
- Vital Record processing; marriage licenses, birth/death certificates
- Assist with voter registration and other election related business as needed
- Issue NH Fish & Game licenses
- File records, answer in-coming calls, greet customers
- Handle confidential documents
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: A High School Diploma or equivalent. Experience in an office setting, Google Docs, and a 10-key calculator is a plus. Must be able to learn and navigate through multiple softwares/programs.
Salary: $15.73 – $19.89 per hour (begins at lower starting rate).
Resumes will be accepted until filled..
Please submit a cover letter, your resume and three references to LMills@litchfieldnh.org OR mail to Town of Litchfield ATTN: Deputy Town Clerk/Tax Collector 2 Liberty Way Litchfield NH 03052.