Town of Litchfield
Deputy Town Clerk/Tax Collector
The Litchfield Town Clerk/Tax Collector’s office is accepting Resumes for the position of Deputy Town Clerk/ Tax Collector. The responsibilities include: providing citizens with accurate and vital information, as well as an accurate accounting of revenues collected. The position requires an understanding of applicable state laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to a town clerk/tax collector. Specific duties required in assisting the Town Clerk/Tax Collector:
- Registration and titling of motor vehicles, boats and off road vehicles.
- Accepting and applying payments for property taxes. Liening, deeding and property title searches.
- Vital Records administration including processing marriage licenses, birth and death certificates.
- Maintaining town records and other documents in need of safekeeping or of historical value.
- Assisting with voter registration and other election related business such as processing of absentee ballots.
- Acts as a key front end resource to residents and businesses in resolving questions and direction to other town departments.
- Preparing daily financial reports and deposits
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented a must
- Ability to work confidently and independently
Applicant shall be a resident of the Town of Litchfield, NH. A High School Diploma or equivalent is the minimum qualification, however, an ideal candidate would have a familiarity with MAAP, NHVRIN, ElectioNet, NH Fish & Game, Avitar Clerk, and Tax Collect. As a full-time position, it is eligible for health, dental, short-term disability and participation in the NH Retirement System. The position works 40 hours per week including one evening. Hourly wage is $20.20 to $25.55 depending on experience and qualifications.
Resumes will be accepted until January 15, 2022.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three references in a single PDF document to Tbriand@litchfieldnh.gov or mail to Town of Litchfield, Attn: Town Clerk/Tax Collector, 2 Liberty Way, Litchfield, NH 03052.