TOWN OF LITCHFIELD
DEPUTY TOWN CLERK/TAX COLLECTOR
The Litchfield Town Clerk/Tax Collector’s office is accepting applications for the position of Deputy Town Clerk/ Tax Collector. The responsibilities include: providing citizens with accurate and vital information, as well as an accurate accounting of revenues collected. The position requires an understanding of applicable state laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to a town clerk/tax collector. Specific duties required in assisting the Town Clerk/Tax Collector:
- Maintaining town records and other documents in need of safekeeping or of historical value.
- Preparing and handling absentee ballots and accepting voter registration applications
- Accepting and applying payments for licenses, taxes, decals, registration of motor vehicle and vital records
- Preparing daily financial reports and deposits
- Working closely and professionally with the public
- Use of standard office equipment
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented
- Ability to work confidently and independently
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
Applicant shall be a resident of the Town of Litchfield, NH. A High School Diploma or equivalent is the minimum qualification, however, an ideal candidate would have a familiarity with MAAP, NHVRIN, Election Net, Avitar Clerk, and Tax Collect. As a full-time position, it is eligible for health, dental, short-term disability and participation in NH Retirement System. The position works 40 hours per week including one evening. Hourly wage is $20.20 to $25.55 depending on experience and qualifications. Resumes will be accepted until July 17, 2020 at 12:00 P.M. Please submit a cover letter, resume and three references in a single PDF document to Tbriand@litchfieldnh.gov or mail to Town of Litchfield, Attn: Town Clerk/Tax Collector, 2 Liberty Way, Litchfield, NH 03052.