Concord, NH – The New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) has issued the following update on the new coronavirus, COVID-19.
On Monday, May 4, 2020, DHHS announced 72 new positive test results for COVID-19. There have now been 2,588 cases of COVID-19 diagnosed in New Hampshire. Several cases are still under investigation. Additional information from ongoing investigations will be incorporated into future COVID-19 updates. Of those with complete information, there are four individuals under the age of 18 and the rest are adults with 48% being female and 52% being male. The new cases reside in Rockingham (17), Hillsborough County other than Manchester and Nashua (13), Merrimack (5), Strafford (2), Belknap (1), Carroll (1) and counties, and in the cities of Manchester (22) and Nashua (10). The county of residence is being determined for one new case.
Four new hospitalized cases were identified for a total of 286 (11%) of 2,588 cases. Six of the new cases have no identified risk factors. Community-based transmission continues to occur throughout the State and has been identified in all counties with cases. The remaining cases have either had travel to domestic or international locations or have had close contact with a person with a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis.
Current Situation in New Hampshire
|Hillsborough – Other||365|
|Hillsborough – Manchester||553|
|Hillsborough – Nashua||239|
New Hampshire 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Summary Report
(data updated May 4, 2020, 9:00 AM)
|NH Persons with COVID-191||2,588|
|Deaths Attributed to COVID-19||86 (3%)|
|Total Current COVID-19 Cases||1,483|
|Persons Who Have Been Hospitalized for COVID-19||286 (11%)|
|Persons Tested Negative at Selected Laboratories3||24,282|
|Persons with Specimens Submitted to NH PHL||10,519|
|Persons with Test Pending at NH PHL4||79|
|Persons Being Monitored in NH (approximate point in time)||2,925|
- Includes specimens presumptive-positive at any laboratory and those confirmed by CDC confirmatory testing.
- Number of patients currently hospitalized with COVID-19 as reported by hospitals.
- Includes specimens tested at the NH Public Health Laboratories (PHL), LabCorp, Quest, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, and those sent to CDC prior to NH PHL testing capacity.
- Includes specimens received and awaiting testing at NH PHL. Does not include tests pending at commercial laboratories.
Number of Specimens Tested by Date of Report to NH DHHS
|Testing Laboratory||4/27||4/28||4/29||4/30||5/1||5/2||5/3||Daily Average|
|NH Public Health Laboratories||449||279||304||401||319||281||276||330|
|Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center||17||48||90||125||127||43||123||82|
|Other NH Hospital Laboratory||78||135||157||166||129||126||n/a**||113|
* Includes out-of-state public health laboratories, out-of-state hospital laboratories, and other commercial laboratories not
already listed in the table.
** Not available at the time of this report.
For more information, please visit the DHHS COVID-19 webpage at https://www.nh.gov/covid19.