Concord, NH – The New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) has issued the following update on the new coronavirus, COVID-19.
On Saturday, April 25, 2020, DHHS announced 69 new positive test results for COVID-19. There have now been 1,787 cases of COVID-19 diagnosed in New Hampshire. Several cases are still under investigation. Additional information from ongoing investigations will be incorporated into future COVID-19 updates. Of those with complete information, there are two individuals under the age of 18 and the rest are adults with 55% being female and 45% being male. The new cases reside in Rockingham (26), Hillsborough County other than Manchester and Nashua (10), Merrimack (8), Strafford (3), Belknap (1), and Cheshire (1), counties, and in the cities of Manchester (12) and Nashua (5). The county of residence is being determined for three new cases.
Fourteen new hospitalized cases were identified for a total of 238 (13%) of 1, 787 cases. Nine of the new cases have no identified risk factors. Community-based transmission continues to increase in the State and has been identified in all counties with cases. Most of the remaining cases have either had travel to domestic or international locations or have had close contact with a person with a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis.
DHHS has also announced seven additional deaths related to COVID-19. We offer our sympathies to the family and friends.
· Three female residents of Strafford County, all 60 years of age or older
· One male resident of Strafford County who was 60 years of age or older
· Two female residents of Hillsborough County, both 60 years of age or older
· One male resident of Hillsborough County who was 60 years of age or older
Current Situation in New Hampshire
|Hillsborough – Other||244|
|Hillsborough – Manchester||377|
|Hillsborough – Nashua||159|
New Hampshire 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Summary Report
(data updated April 25, 2020, 9:00 AM)
|NH Persons with COVID-191||1,787|
|Deaths Attributed to COVID-19||60 (3%)|
|Total Current COVID-19 Cases||950|
|Persons Who Have Been Hospitalized for COVID-19||238 (13%)|
|Persons Tested Negative at Selected Laboratories3||16,964|
|Persons with Specimens Submitted to NH PHL||8,228|
|Persons with Test Pending at NH PHL4||550|
|Persons Being Monitored in NH (approximate point in time)||2,250|
- Includes specimens presumptive-positive at any laboratory and those confirmed by CDC confirmatory testing.
- Number of patients currently hospitalized with COVID-19 as reported by hospitals.
- Includes specimens tested at the NH Public Health Laboratories (PHL), LabCorp, Quest, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, and those sent to CDC prior to NH PHL testing capacity.
- Includes specimens received and awaiting testing at NH PHL. Does not include tests pending at commercial laboratories.
For more information, please visit the DHHS COVID-19 webpage at https://www.nh.gov/covid19.