Concord, NH – The New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) has issued the following update on the new coronavirus, COVID-19.
On Friday, April 24, 2020, DHHS announced 53 new positive test results for COVID-19. There have now been 1,720 cases of COVID-19 diagnosed in New Hampshire. Several cases are still under investigation. Additional information from ongoing investigations will be incorporated into future COVID-19 updates. Of those with complete information, all are adults with 52% being female and 48% being male. The new cases reside in Rockingham (15), Hillsborough County other than Manchester and Nashua (9), Strafford (3), Merrimack (2), Belknap (2), Grafton (1), and Sullivan (1) counties, and in the cities of Manchester (15) and Nashua (5).
Six new hospitalized cases were identified for a total of 224 (13%) of 1,720 cases. Five of the new cases have no identified risk factors. Community-based transmission continues to increase in the State and has been identified in all counties with cases. Most of the remaining cases have either had travel to domestic or international locations or have had close contact with a person with a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis.
DHHS has also announced two additional deaths related to COVID-19. We offer our sympathies to the family and friends.
· One male resident of Strafford County, who was 60 years of age or older
· One male resident of Rockingham County, who was 60 years of age or older
Current Situation in New Hampshire
|Hillsborough – Other||234|
|Hillsborough – Manchester||365|
|Hillsborough – Nashua||154|
New Hampshire 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Summary Report
(data updated April 24, 2020, 9:00 AM)
|NH Persons with COVID-191||1,720|
|Deaths Attributed to COVID-19||53 (3%)|
|Total Current COVID-19 Cases||1,089|
|Persons Who Have Been Hospitalized for COVID-19||224 (13%)|
|Persons Tested Negative at Selected Laboratories3||16,007|
|Persons with Specimens Submitted to NH PHL||7,854|
|Persons with Test Pending at NH PHL4||398|
|Persons Being Monitored in NH (approximate point in time)||2,250|
- Includes specimens presumptive-positive at any laboratory and those confirmed by CDC confirmatory testing.
- Number of patients currently hospitalized with COVID-19 as reported by hospitals.
- Includes specimens tested at the NH Public Health Laboratories (PHL), LabCorp, Quest, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, and those sent to CDC prior to NH PHL testing capacity.
- Includes specimens received and awaiting testing at NH PHL. Does not include tests pending at commercial laboratories.
For more information, please visit the DHHS COVID-19 webpage at https://www.nh.gov/covid19.