Budget Committee met last night for a regularly scheduled meeting. Agenda items and discussions point included:
- Acceptance of 6/27/19 and & 8/5/19 (Budget Hearing) minutes
- A review and discussion on correspondence received and a reminder to the BC on transparency and to limit email communication and avoid ‘reply all’.
- 9/5: Library, Cable Building, Old Fire Station, Talent Hall
- 9/12: Town Hall, Police Station, Fire Station
- 9/30: Recycling Center & Kennel
- Teaching staff returns next week.
- New buses equipped w/ cameras with also be going through there routes (I believe today).
- Special election remains with Judge for decision.
- Food Services program ran budget deficit, however, program is being turned around with focus on improving quality of meals at GMS this year.
- K enrollment is currently at 72 for this year. In line with what was forecasted for enrollment.
The BC’s next regularly scheduled meeting will be on Thursday 9/26 and will plan to meet weekly for the remainder of the year to review and vote on the town and school budgets.
Note: Any public comments or questions can be addressed to the Budget Committee during the next public meeting. Budget Committee responses to questions are not permitted via social media.
As shared by Andrew Cutter via Facebook on 8/23/2019.