MEETING SUMMARY AND INFORMATION
BOARD OF SELECTMEN MEETING
MONDAY, MAY 13, 2019
Review and Approval of Consent Items
- Meeting Minutes
- April 22, 2019 Meeting Minutes
- Tax Collector’s Reconciliation – April
- Town Clerk’s Reconciliation – April
- Tax Credits & Exemptions – (1)
- 2019 Tax Warrant – 1st Issue
- A/P Manifest – 04/30/19 – $139,729.92, 05/07/19 – $958,563.89 & 05/14/19 – $19,499.76
- P/R Manifest – 05/02/19 – $52,143.22, 5/09/19 – $53,659.12 & 05/16/19 – $55,542.86
- Planning Board Member Appointment – Tony Turecki (term exp 2022)
- Board of Selectmen approved Mr. Turecki as a regular Planning Board Member
- Board of Selectmen Delegation – License to Carry
- Board of Selectmen authorized Police Chief to review and approve licenses.
- Lease Agreement – 296 Charles Bancroft Highway
- Board of Selectmen approved the lease agreement for $1,000 per year.
- River Access Park Name – John Bryant River Access
- The Recreation Commission worked with the Conservation Commission in discussing changing the name of the River Access to John Bryant River Access. Mr. Bryant was a big supporter of recreation and one of the main supporters in getting River Access for Litchfield Residents. In recognition of all the hard work and years of community service, the Board of Selectmen renamed the Litchfield River Access to John Bryant River Access.
- Non-Union Performance Review Process
- Board of Selectmen approved no more than 3% wage adjustments for outstanding job performance by non-union employees.
- Police Chief Recruitment Process
- BOS appointed Chairman Webber, Chief O’Brion and Troy Brown to develop and recommend recruitment process.
- Policy Review
Following adjournment of the meeting, the Board of Selectmen met with Attorney David B. Van Slyke of PretiFlaherty to discuss the Saint Gobain PFOA Groundwater contamination issue.