The Board of Selectmen conducted a public meeting on Monday, January 14, 2019. Below is a summary of the business conducted and upcoming events/activities.
- Approved December 17, 2018 Meeting Minutes
- Approved Town Clerk’s November 2018 Reconciliation
- Approved twelve (12) Veterans Tax Credits $3,600 ($300 ea)
- Approved Page Road Purchase Order in the amount of $75,000
- Approved 2019 ACH School Payment Schedule
- 1/1/19 – $1,750,00
- 2/1/19 – $1,750,00
- 3/1/19 – $1,750,00
- 4/1/19 – $1,750,00
- 5/1/19 – $802,978
- 6/1/19 – $802,977
- Approved Accounts Payable Manifest – 01/15/19 – $359,507.39 & 01/15/19 – $83,505.96
- Approved Payroll Manifest – 01/10/19 – $53,698.96 & 01/17/19 – $53,492.79
- MRI Inspectional Services Report – Medard Kopczynski presented the MRI Inspectional Services Report. The Board of Selectmen did not formally approve the report because they wanted more time to review it. The Board will continue to discuss the report and consider adopting it at a future meeting to be determined.
- Town Flag Update – Matt Lepore presented the proposed Town Flag. He expressed support of Warrant Article #8. If approved by voters, the Board of Selectmen will be authorized to adopt the Official Town Flag after holding two (2) public hearings.
- Equipment Operator / Mechanic – Kevin Brown, Litchfield resident
andformer contracted plow driver was hired as the first full-time Heavy Equipment Operator / Mechanic for the Litchfield Highway Department. Mr. Brown was highly recommended by John Pinciaro, Road Agent / Highway Manager. This new full timeposition will help address staffing and safety needs of the Highway Department and begin implementing the 2018 MRI Public Works Feasibility Study
- Command Vehicle – The Town Administrator discussed the Fire Dept. Command Vehicle assignment and use Report
- 2019 Mileage Rate – 2019 IRS mileage rate approved from 54.5 to 58 cents per mile.
- 2019 Warrant – The Board took final votes on the 2019 Warrant and petition #1, #2, #3, #4, and #5 articles.
- 2019 Default Budget – The Default Budget was approved by the Board of Selectmen. It represents last years budget, reduced and increased, as the case may be, by debt service, contracts, and other obligations previously incurred or mandated by law, and reduced by one-time expenditures.
- Recreation Donation – $50 donation from Margaret and Bob Hanson was accepted in memory of Elizabeth “Betty” Darling for the Litchfield Seniors Annual Christmas Lunch sponsored by the Litchfield Recreation Commission.
Upcoming Events and Notes:
- Next Regular Board of Selectmen Meeting January 28, 2019
- 2019 Elected Positions Filing Period is Wednesday 1/23 to Fri 2/1 @ 5 pm:
- Two (2) Selectmen – 3 Year Term
- Two (2) Budget Committee – 3 Year Term
- One (1) Budget Committee – 1 Year Term
- One (1) Cemetery Trustee – 3 Year Term
- Two (2) Library Trustee – 3 Year Term
- One (1) Trustees of Trust Fund – 3 Year Term
- Town Deliberative Session – February 2, 2019 at 10:00am CHS
- Town Voting Day – March 12, 2019, from 7 am to 7 pm CHS
- Pat Jewett Volunteer Appreciation Award Nomination Form due Friday, February 15th at the Town Office.
Written by Troy Brown, Edited by John Brunelle