If you own real estate lots that were involuntarily merged by municipal action, you may be able to have those lots restored to their pre-merger status.
Your property may qualify if two or more lots were merged for zoning, assessing, or taxation purposes and the merger occurred:
• During your ownership, without your consent; or
• Prior to your ownership, if no previous owner consented to the merger.
To restore your property to pre-merger status, you must:
• Make a request to the local governing body
• No later than December 31, 2016.
• Your properties will once again become separate lots; however, they must still conform to applicable land use ordinances. Restoration does not cure non-conformity.
Read the full statute at RSA 674:39-aa Restoration of Involuntarily Merged Lots.